Wordier Than Thou returns December 3rd at Stardust Video and Coffee, 1842 E. Winter Park Road, Orlando, FL 32803.
This unique open mic, hosted by Tiffany Razzano, focuses on storytelling — no poetry or music. So come share your finest prose, or if you’re just in the mood for listening, catch some tales from our area’s wordsmiths.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Readings will begin around 7 p.m.
A featured reader will kick off the night, followed by open mic slots. Open mic readers get 10 minutes and will be timed.
This month’s featured readers are Vanessa Blakeslee and Jesse Bradley
$5 at the door.
Check out all the amazing upcoming events at your Orange County Public Library!
Make Christmas in the Park a part of your holiday traditions! You can thank me later.
Kim Britt of Bookmark It sends this note:
“This year the Locally Grown Words Book Fair will be held on Sunday, December 14, 2014 from noon-4pm in the courtyard, hallways, and (potentially) APEX meeting space of our popular East End Market. The last two fairs drew between 300-350 people throughout the day, AND as with last December’s event, also falls on the same day as Audubon Park’s holiday sidewalk sale & Stardust’s annual Grandma Party Gift Bazaar…making for a fun day of local holiday shoppers.
Table rental = $30
Share a table with another author =$20 (we will try to pair you up with same genre if you don’t reserve with someone in particular)
Authors collect and keep 100% of sales (be sure you bring cash box and credit card processing options)
Full Table rental includes:
- 6’ table and 2 chairs (can provide additional one if needed).
- Day-of-Show maps will be posted and distributed by ‘Elf Volunteers’ to attendees
- Marketing collateral includes Poster and “bookmark’ flyers along with a digital package for you to share on your own social media ! (see attached)
- Press release to go out twice: Once this week announcing overall event and another a week out, with confirmed author line-up. Plus FB Page/invitations and both Bookmark It and East End Market event calendar/newsletters.
- By all accounts, this event will go to a wait-list again, so let us know as soon as possible !
- Once all confirmed, you will receive a Paypal invoice to email back for payment (or you can swing by and drop off a check). PLUS, if not an existing consigner, please include a mailing address and cell phone number.
- SOOOO, in ‘long’, if YES you are interested, please respond to this email and let me know if you’d like a full or half table (and if sharing with someone in particular…who that is). THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS AS TABLE SPACE IS LIMITED. A WAIT LIST WILL BE CREATED UNTIL DETERMINATION OF ADDITIONAL HALL RENTAL CONFIRMED.
- Bookmark It will be manning a free gift wrap station (2nd floor) and this year we are teaming up with Mollie Ray Elementary School volunteers (Title-1 public school in Pine Hills) for a gently-used book drive for their students. Bookmark It will be offering a 20% off discount off any STORE purchase with donation. Authors at table rentals are not included in this discount…but can certainly accept it if they like We are also looking into expanding into the APEX meeting space this year…author demand will determine whether that will happen. We would want to be sure that we had a full-high energy-room !”